they also said that what i really need is dialectical behavior therapy, the wikipedia page was the easiest to read. what concerns me is that every page i go to on this type of therapy is for the treatment of borderline personality disorder, also easiest on wikiwikiwikipedia. i have never been diagnosed with this before. i read a lot about it and it unfortunately sounds like me. i wrote karapist an email on another subject and asked if they thought i had borderline personality disorder. meh. it's not really feasible right now bc it takes thousands of dollars and sounds like it would take up a lot of time. my mom was super positive and said when i am making 65k a year i can afford it or my job could even pay for it.
last night i went to be before midnight. today i woke up before 10 and watched price is right and talked to folks and checked in on school. i need to get my school work done for today, i could do it now as a matter of fact - i just signed in. I should shower and get some cleaning done. besides that, keeping warm and somewhat busy or entertained is my main goal for today.
I want to be stable, accomplish small and large goals, maintain a comfortable home and enjoy life.
To achieve this I will:
***Follow my treatment plan
*Group every Wednesday 11-12:30 - NO cancellations unless 48hours or more ahead of time
*Psych every month Tuesday or Thursday – Schedule in advance, NO cancellations unless 48hours or more ahead
*Take 90mg Cymbalta every morning upon waking
*Take .5mg Klonipin every morning upon waking, mid- day and night, wait 6 hours between, 4 hours minimum
*Take 25-50mg Trazadone at night if not feeling tired
***Take better care of myself
*Go to bed by midnight every night
*Wake up by 10am every day
*Eat nutritious food – morning, afternoon and night
*Brush teeth, shower, wash clothes, change sheets
*Clean kitchen, bathroom, garbage, etc. regularly
*Talk to friends and family on phone and in person
Be excellent to each other.


6 comments:
I will help you by chatting your ear off on the phone on a regular basis. I don't know anything about any of the links that you posted, so I'm going to follow those links and read about them.
More soon!
I miss you.
thanks mama =)
since they suggested the therapy, i wanted to read about it but i trying to not get too caught up in it or borderline personality disorder bc i don't know if this is a new diagnosis or just they think the therapy will be good for my current shiznat. um, but i can't afford it.
i should get my dough from school soon, i can't ever find info on-line, it's maddening! miss you, love!
Okay, so I read about this form of therapy and about BPD. I thought that bother were interesting.
Tell me what I missed because it seems to me that the key componant of dialectical behavior therapy is unconditional acceptance. I don't see why a knowledgable therapist couldn't practice this case by case. I'm pretty sure that it must be more complicated than it sounded to me.
So, clearly I'm no therapist, but when I was reading about BPD I was like... hey, outside of the risky sex part, this DOES sound like Nikkol. They made that distinction between bipolar and BPD that was about the time episodes last. My thought was that your moods move quickly... but I can't tell if that's because you are able to talk and rationalize yourself out of things like anxiety a lot.
thanks for reading and commenting and overall caring =) i am always talking myself in and out of things, big and small, and analyzing and rationalizing and struggling bc of the mish mash mush.
i don't get the DB therapy that much either, we had a long session and since we're focusing on reaching the smaller goals and i can't afford it we didn't talk a lot about it, they said to look it up and they would fill me in. karapist did offer to go over some stuff with me, but again, some point in the near future. i think the biggest thing is that it's like constant communication. like keeping diaries, phone convos with buddies and therapists, group, individual, a lot of interest in wanting to get better and a lot of time to allot to that. but i am repeating the same patterns and since everyone i trust and love is concerned for me, i am going to try really hard for myself and everyone i love and that loves me. *wipes brow*
First of all... wikiwikiwikipedia made me pee my pants.
Second of all, this is a very positive post. Go you. I think your goals and schedule sound manageable and attainable. Very nice!
Also, I feel like you've brought up DBT before. Didn't your therapist suggest this another time? Or am I imagining things? That could very well be the case.
Either way, you're staying focused which is great. And yes, there will come a time when you will have a job with benefits to cover things like specialized therapy.
Stay positive!
xo
lol - wikiwikiwikiWACK
thanks for reading and commenting, i am glad it's positive and doesn't scare people away, uh. that's one main thing we've been working on is making attainable goals, it makes sense and makes me feel better when i accomplish even getting to the bus stop on time. woot.
i've actually done some CBT - cognitive behavioral therapy with karapist. here is the wikiwikiwikepage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
it's not as specialized as DBT but does involve thinking about emotions. we did a lot of work with it and i still use it. i have worksheets and stuff that explain things and also steps tow work out reactions, i haven't done those in a while but i remember. sometimes i'll realize i am following a negative thinking patterns and be able to help it but my big thing with it is that even though i might be saying in my head 'it's ok, it's gonna be ok', i don't fully believe it which is where DBT comes in bc it works with logical argument and bringing more meaning to the statement. or something.
anyway, thank you for being a friend. lol xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment