
So today is day 15 of the longest headache ever. 2 Saturdays ago I got a wicked headache but forced myself to go out bc i had paid $23 for a concert ticket, Trimet sucked, I was late and only stayed an hour. The headache continued on, I couldn't tell if it was sinus or migraine or tension or all. Sometimes it was just there and other times I couldn't do anything, like I had to lay down with the lights out. I also vomited but chalked this up to panic attacks since I have a recent history of those and haven't had a migraine in like 10years. Then it kept not going away with any medication and I couldn't do my school work or go out and I felt like calling outta work but didn't but it was hard. Then I told my friends and they urged me to go to ER, I went to Urgent Care instead.
I tried to go on Saturday to the address on 9th ave, only to wander around crying and feeling terrible and go home and find out there is a misprint and it is on 99th, so I wait until Sunday. I hate when doctors ask you what you think it is, I told her where it was and that I have sinus issues so she chalked it up to sinus and gave me 5 prednisone (steroid for inflammation) and 10 weak vicodin, 2 at a time and still had headache :( So I suffered through the week thinking maybe it would go away but it didn't and Friday morning I went to the walk in clinic and got seen in the afternoon. My PCP thinks it's a migraine that we didn't treat right away with an added tension headache so as of last night, I got some correcting medication that will do something instead of just mask the pain and am going to stay on the regiment and I have a referral for massage :)
I've been pretty busy, trying to stay on top of school work, I am a bit behind because of headache-o-rama. Been seeing some music and hanging with friends, cleaning here and there. And making it to all my jobby jobs. Whee. Hopefully this headache will end and I will be a VERY happy camper!


3 comments:
Oh Dear Lord! This happened to me once. It was right after having Lila and it was TERRIBLE.
Feel better. I'm proud of you for keeping up with the rest of your life. Headache makes it impossible for me to do anything. I'd rather have an awful stomach flu than an awful headache. I'd rather have an awful anything than an awful headache!!!!!
headaches suck. i have one now. again. still. i don't know.
whoa....
that IS the longest headache ever!
Has it let up at all?
Post a Comment