Ned Flanders has taken over my brain momentarily, most likely due to the hours and hours of endless Simpsons I still continue to watch. I was thinking about it and how it's really one show i can watch over and over and over again, that point has been proven in full force. The mundane: I still haven't gotten my damn remote fixed and haven't been able to talk to anyone, but I will get credit, I will get credit, I'm up to $45 on the daily basis and it's only $54 a month!
I haven't seen Karapist in a month bc one week it was canceled bc of weather, then the next two were Christmas and New Years week and we were both away or whatever and then I was supposed to have one on Monday night but I didn't go. I had already told her I couldn't do that time anymore bc of class and I actually had checked my email that afternoon, but she didn't write until like 4pm so I didn't get it until the next day as I wasn't communicating with people regularly. I really need her, I actually was crying for her one night when i couldn't sleep. It's just good to be able to talk it out and cry if needed with a non-biased party or anyone really. I've been feeling extremely lonely. I guess the whole no phone thing doesn't help that.
I had a good trip up to my dad's but I was irritable the whole time because I hadn't been sleeping beforehand and then I had to be up and going early and was just forcing myself on like 4-6 hours sleep max. The weather was really terrible at my dad's also, so we couldn't really go anywhere, usually i can run to the store or go to N&M's to hang but we were homebound. My bro had a show on Sat. in Portland, so we travelled down and that was fun, STone was just getting home, too, so we illed for a bit, I really wanted her to come to the show, but she was just getting home from her parents and has her stuff in storage and at various friends houses as she and Mel-g just got a new place at The Farm starting January, so I know they are dealing with moving crap. My bro got a new recorder for Christmas and made a recording of the show, it was really awesome, so I'll share with her next time we ill. I brought a tiny bit of green with me and indulged at night which was really good, but during the day I was in such pain bc of traveling back and forth on buses, trains, minivans and not getting any exercise and trying to stretch but then over-exerting and waking up in more pain the next day. My brother also pointed out all my moods and thought it strange that my best qualities come out at 9pm when everyone else is winding down.
I also didn't get to play poker with the cousins on Christmas which I make fun of, but it is fun and I missed it. my dad really didn't want to pick me up on the way to get Aus-man at the airport bc of the weather which wasn't that bad in town, not the foothills where they live. i was making arrangements to go with other people and have them drop me off, and my dad said to just go and they'd pick me up. I could tell this isn't what he wanted so I said that since it would be easier I would just stay. So, after being there at noon and hanging out til 7, everyone was leaving and then it was me, dad&jane, grama&pa and aunt leone for what seemed like some of the longest 2.5 hours of my life.
I also didn't get to go out on New Years which was to a house party, the reasoning behind this one was that the driveway was too hard to get in and out of. i did want to hang out with my brother, but we also had k staying over and we pretended new years at 9pm for her and then jane went to bed. aus and dad had one glass of wine and called it a night. so here it is, 10pm, new years eve, all alone, wide awake and bored as hell.
I got home on Thursday night and I was a bum, I ordered pizza, I smoked myself silly and I slept until Friday. here is where change could've happened, or Saturday or Sunday, but no, I got myself so freaking worked up about everything: focusing only on the negatives of my visit, my piss-poor attitude, my mood swings, wondering endlessly what the hell is wrong with me when i try to do everything right (psst-you have severe mental illess that takes lots of work to deal with-you're doing great), was it right or wrong quitting the tutor job bc 6 hours of bus time for 3 hours of work time every other week for a paycheck of $60 a month really doesn't seem worth it to me, etc, etc, etc. all the while trying to shut off my brain with smoking, which works temporarily, but that's no way to live either. By this time I had fallen into the habit of smoking at any waking hour, one extreme to the other, something I really need to break bc it sucks everytime. Then there were classes on Mon and Tues and wouldn't you know it, I had freezing, horrible anxiety, I wanted to go so bad, I was fighting with myself, just go, it's better if you just go until it got too late and I didn't go.
today I got up with a new mindset: that of positive action and not getting overwhelmed. I stretched. I tried to go for a walk, but it was too windy, scary windy, like pieces of trees were flying around. I went on the computer a little. I went to the UPS store bc my brother left his toiletries here which he realized had his retainers, the library and the store. I spent more time on the computer tying up all loose ends with school and some time relaxing, cleaning and bringing garbage out. I am ready for whatever the world has in mind for me tomorrow. but first: some tea, my new heating pad and then a good night's sleep.
btw, my photos are up at flickr Enjoy!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I like the tone of this post. It's very honest.
I'm sorry that you holidays were so lonely. It doesn't sound as though anything bad happened, but events didn't unfold as you hoped they would.
My thought on your homecoming is this: sometimes we all need a day or two to wallow. Sometime we all need to spend the day in bed or watching tv. It's the way some people are able to best collect themselves. That being said, smoking yourself into a zombie every chance you get is unhealthy. Really, really unhealthy. It's bad for you emotionally (in the long term), mentally, physically... I know that it helps...
But here's something very positive that I think pays tribute to the strides you made: what could have turned into a full blown bout of horrible depression was put into perspective (by you, and you alone) and turned around. I think it's totally healthy to have a few really crappy, unproductive, reclusive days... and then feel like you're ready to enter the world again.
And just so you know... I was thinking of you, trying to call and checking your blog all the time!!!!
Did you get your grades from last semester?
What are your classes like this semester?
Did you mom loan ever come through?
i love you anna, i can't reply now bc i have to get to campus but i just wanted to let you know that you really really mean a lot to me and i am so happy to have you in my life, you help me through a lot from such a far distance away. thank you.
yeah, nothing bad happened, it was just lonesome and frustrating. you know when you love someone but then you spend just too much time with them and you just get annoyed? i think it can happen with anything and anyone.
this time i found myself getting irritated over things i would usually find endearing, like my dad trying to properly say "pinot noir", he likes to get his drink on sometimes, but he's a beer guy and with being allergic to wheat he can't drink it anymore except one brand of beer made with sorgam instead of wheat which is okay tasting, but not a beer drinkers beer and he likes whiskey and cognac but he's had his drinking days so those are a rare thing, so my looooooooooong ass story is trying to say that he's been exploring wines, and had no idea how to say "pinot noir" so he kept practicing and acting all dorky, now i look back and i love it, i even bought a bottle tonight as a reward (see next post) thinking of him :)
also j is on MAD painkillers, i think they have her on too much, but i won't go there bc it would be another long pointless story but she's taking 15mg vikadin at a time and at first you get really high, i know bc i was having back spasms really bad and had already taken tons of advil so they gave me 2vikadin and i was like, both at the same time? (this is coming from me) so i thought they were on the lower end of the narcotics like 2.5mg or 5mg but i took 2 not knowing the strength and i didn't have pain anymore but i also had verbal diarrhea and non-coherent thoughts, things i've noticed with j recently. i love hanging with her and talking, but over thanksgiving we got into a heated discussion about abortion, something i would never even talk to her about but she kept going even though i said like one thing and this time sometimes i was just like, what are you talking about, please stop talking.
also, my brother is the holiest of the holy. he really is amazing. he's smart, he's funny, he's caring, he's talented and he works hard on everything. i know we are very different and he has his struggles too, but i am jealous for lack of a better word. i am also extremely happy for him and hope i can take his life lessons into my own life. one of my christmas presents was 10 steps on a healthy day to try for 10 days. ok, it's cooler than it sounds. i will prolly post it on i am what i eat.
yeah, i've talked to karapist about this and she agrees that i need a day or two to unwind, but i need to keep reality in mind, too. after a certain point, it just becomes an auto-response. oh, movie's on, let's smoke, oh, they're smoking in the movie, let's smoke, pizza's on the way, let's smoke, pizza got here, let's smoke, i just ate, let's smoke. what time is it? 3am, let's smoke and fall back asleep. YUCK. back to the moderation goal, again.
thanks for the props. i am trying. it's not going to happen over night. every day is a little better. like a sculpture that's only worked on for 5 minutes a month. you'll see a slight change each time you see it. heh, that's from "little altars everywhere", a book i am enjoying.
my grades were fair, Field Experience was P/NP - I passed, I got an A in child development, B+ in wellness which i think is generous bc i missed half of class and totally didn't do my APA citations on anything bc i said "fuck it", C+ in socio-political issues bc i didn't do the final paper correctly which i can fix up and a C in culture which i went to the least of any class and i felt was a waste of time, busy work class, i might try to speak with the prof. and move it up, but whateves, i had a rough term and still have a 3.something so i'm set.
this term i LOVE my math class, it's AWESOME. i am having Language tomorrow (make up for me and 3 people that didn't go) and Reading sounds great, it's with 2 teachers, 1/2 class session with one, 1/2 with the other so that should be fun. and i am getting a new placement for field experience. one that is closer to my house and more my pace, not the richest of the richest white schools in the portland area.
and my mom emailed me and told me that the loan on her end was the easiest thing ever! i have my refund coming tomorrow and should have that next week. WOOT!
Post a Comment