i'm still awake. and this time i am forcing myself to stay up so that i can go to the walk in psych clinic at 1pm. a lot of times after fighting all night with sleep, i'll get up but not have coffee, bc, i want to sleep if i don't have to do anything, and then fall asleep at like 9/10am and wake up at like 4pm, too late to do anything 'normal' humans do. but i made oatmeal with raisins and coffee and am trying to function.
i also have to go to the dhs office to hand in my app for food stamps and i think they can do ohp there, too, but since i already applied, i think i have to do it through the clinic. i don't know. i kind of want to stay here bc i know my new free phone will be arriving sometime before 3pm. my plan was to go to dhs at like 8 when it opened but i couldn't get the umph to go. it just depressed me thinking of all the poor people and families, it's never fun to go there, no more on no sleep at 8am.
i am confused by unemployment but was advised to not think about it bc logic doesn't apply. but let me explain it to you anyway. when i applied when i lost my job sept 20th i applied using a regular base year but wasn't eligible and authorized an alternate base year which i also wasn't eligible for, either. so, i talked to a human (finally) who was really nice and told me that if i started a new claim dated after 10/1 i would be eligible. but, um, that is the same dates and info as the alternate base year one i was just denied for. i still can't wrap my head around it, but it is what it is. anyway, if they approve me after i fill out another 'why i was discharged' forms, i will get $116/week for hopefully only 2 weeks, because...
i am working wed-friday 8-5 =) they want to make sure i am a good fit. and also they want to make sure the commute and other logistics work for me. very smart. they're organized. i like that. and nice. i like that, too. i'm totally excited, but can't seem to muster any excitement right now.
i went 4days and then it was my bday weekend and then i went 11 more days in a row without smoking and was totally cool. but then thurs i went to a friends house and had a few bong hits and was like, this is great, so i got a bag but friday and saturday were big baseball games and i just sat and smoked without even thinking about it. on sunday when i looked i was shocked that i only had like 2 bowls left. this is an impulse control thing, but more so a binge behavior thing. i noticed that when i wasn't smoking i was eating, like grossly, i would have a serving of mac n cheese with broccoli but then i stood over the pot as i was about to put it away for leftovers and ate the whole pot full using the serving spoon, standing, in the kitchen. i also ate a 1/2 gallon container of ice cream by myself in 2 days. when i drank a 22oz beer after getting off anti-biotics, i went out and got another 12oz. sigh. a male groupie told me that he saw either gluttony or abstinence which is very true. i needs to learn me some moderation. i have become really aware and actually want to change my behaviors and habits.
i cleaned a lot in the kitchen and living room. i actually threw stuff away, not just moved it all to another spot. i got rid of my broken, hand-me-down, la-z-boy bc, well, it's broken and i never sat in it, just used it for storage. i have kids books and toys and school binders and a box of crafting stuff on my couch now, but i have a shelf outside to put that stuff on. i think i want to rearrange, but thing is, i can't move the tv/entertainment center (read: someones woodworking project with a slanted side) bc of the cables so options are limited. i am happy with my progress and plan to continue it and then maintain cleanliness. like maybe set a schedule or something. that could be helpful. i could make a chore chart! and give myself gold stars!
i just found out that ANTM is on, i've missed 6 episodes! my digital converter box stopped working over the summer and i tried everything to get it working and then gave up bc it was frustrating and i can get practically everything on-line. i did, however, try to fix this again last night. and i found the box with instructions and warranty so i should be able to get a replacement. erg.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey, it was great talking with you!
I used to really struggle with binge behavior and addiction swapping. It was always a "night time" issue with me. For instance, I would smoke a LOT at night. After the girls went to sleep I'd just sit outside and chain smoke. Then, I'd quit smoking and instead I'd drink beer... tons of it. Or a whole bottle of wine. But you can't drink alcohol every day without feeling like crap, so I'd stop drinking and start eating. And I'd just sit there and eat and eat and eat and eat... all night long.
When I realized what was happening I tried really hard to break the pattern. I remember feeling totally hopeless. LIke, when I wasn't doing it I was completely fixated on what I wasn't doing and how I wished that I was doing it.
At some point, around the time when my thyroid became healthier, I somehow stopped this behavior. It's weird, it's like I grew out of it. And even though I know that's not possible... I can't think of another reason to have been able to overcome it. But it's been about two years since it's been a big problem for me. Maybe I changed the trigger for it unknowingly? I don't know.
Oh, and ANTM is good this season. I like it a lot... but I suspect that I might be the only one who does becuase of its lack of buzz.
xoxo
huh, you know what...you might be onto something with the thyroid issues. i've been vigilant about my med every morning since may and have noticed differences in other aspects for sure, besides the scientific results of 8.5-1.5, bam. and although i've known, i never really even admitted these problems were an issue, like i would be defensive about smoking, 'i smoke bc my back hurts, bc it helps me sleep, etc' but now i am totally realizing it in all aspects and wanting to change it. very interesting =)
yeah, i watched an episode and a half of ANTM, i dig this season, too. i like that they're looking for high fashion or whatever, elevated, lol. i think they made the right first cuts. i haven't seen any other cuts. and i heart ann. 'i'm into hobos. over 65. that are warlocks. yeah, i'm a weirdo' i can't wait to see the photoshoots, my FAV
Post a Comment