Sunday, June 29, 2008

weird weekends

i don't do much on weekends. i've noticed they are weird.

on friday i am too stinking tired to do anything for the most part so i stay in and fall asleep around 10-11 like i would on a work night. since i fall asleep early, i wake up early.

so saturday i am up btw 6-8, but really tired, but unable to sleep. i have coffee and read or net or tv. then i get tired around noon-2 and take a nap. i wake up anywhere btw 4 and 9. but then i don't feel like going out for the most part. so i watch l&o or something and fall asleep around 10-11 - repeat cycle.

so now it's sunday and i got up at like 6 something. it's supposed to be like 90-100 today. and storms and heat lightning. it's 70now at 8:30 but feels hotter. i want to do laundry and should jump on that but that makes it hotter in my apartment, but if i wait for the sun to go down it's like 10pm. i should see if anywhere will fingerprint me today. and fill out forms. i like forms. i should go to the store as i have no food. i did get wine last night thinking i would consume it at a party or home. i should go to the library. get my ed card. pick out books for the kids. sign up for adult summer reading. wooooooot.

me: oh, man (when kids just dumped out blocks)
nh: yeah, that's a bummer (in cute kid voice)

it's weird that i like working with kids bc i have a really short fuse generally and they push me to use all my patience, but i got a compliment from a parent in another room, while doing crowd control "you can sit on the bench" and "please focus on getting your shoes on" and "you can take 7steps down the stairs" - and i got them all calmed down, foot attired and on the steps to walk outside, she said "you're good at that" - i said "thanks". i don't like being alone. it's hard. but i can do it. i am excited for school. i need to get that shiznat in. i also should write the scholarship paper. i don't know what the topic is. it's due 8/1, coming up fast. i'd like to clean. i could have a very productive day. as long as i keep it cool and drink water. yesterday seriously was brutal.

3 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

First, I LOVE your flickr pics, but seriously, I wanted to see the dress I've been hearing about for months. I really loved your hair. You're right, it was awesome.

I'll bet that you're great at your job. Kids can be very taxing. There's no room for you to have a bad day because they need all of you- all the time. I think this removal of yourself is the hardest thing about childcare.

And then as hard as it is sometimes, the joy that comes from those really special, funny, honest, loving moments... makes everything else forgettable.

I was speaking with a pregnant friend the other day who is expecting her second child and a little bit scared about B and L when they were little. We had a very tough time with the adjustment. Even though I know I struggled, it's hard for me to remember the details now because the joy I get from my kids overwhelms the sacrifices I make or the hard times we've had together.

I don't know why I just went off on that tangent... It's totally unrelated.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

correction for horribly written sentence. My friend is pregnant with a second child and scared. I was talking with her about B and L when they were little. Ahhhhh... clarification.

nikkol said...

i realized that i have no pix of me. they are all on other people's cameras. i asked my bro for digital copies of the wedding photos but i don't think that's gonna happen. i am trying to get everyone's pix on-line. i got a few hard copies. me, aus and k, aus and d, me alone, me and dad dancing. i'll get some up!

that's interesting that you mention being out of yourself, that's prolly why i am good at it, when i am immersed in something i don't have time to think all the time. and i always say that i like it bc it's challenging and rewarding. woo.