yesterday i went to dhs to have my in person interview to see if i am eligible for any assistance. my application is pending on more information 1) financial aid - i found, 2) a letter from kara - have to get and she is on vacation. sky3 met me at the store, got a few things, then went to the bank to try to put her grandma's check into my account but ended up getting her own account - wooo, way to be. then we came back to my place and chilled. someone was doing laundry so i put quarters and my brand new laundry soap on top of the washing indicating my saved spot, apparently something i invented and only i follow. i hear the laundry start, we go to get my quarters and new soap and a decent portion is missing! i complain about this as the laundry bandit is entering and we are exiting the laundry room. later, sky3 was having a cig (me drags) and i said a loud 'i can't believe some douche stole my laundry soap' just as he was walking by, d'oh! oh well. shouldn't have taken my soap, or spot in laundry line, fool!
we listened to music and talked and cleaned and ate pizza and j48 came over after her appt. i was getting more and more irritable as the night went on. (i have a headache now, period start!) i got in touch with jbandboy and went over there for a bit and hung with him and his roommate. i had some irish whiskey on the rocks. at first his roommate brought it in a ramuken, one of those small japanese dishes (about 2 shots if totally full) but then i got it over ice in a cup that i was able to drink out of, it was hella funny, good times.
i went to the doctor tonight. since i wisely stopped taking my thyroid supplement when they wanted me to have an appointment, i've been off it and all the symptoms of hypothyroidism which they thought i had last time hence the supplement are here: fatigue, unable to lose weight, always hot, depression, muscle cramps, weakness, irritability, no appetite, etc. so she went ahead and started me on a synthetic, thyroxine, and the best m.a. i have ever had took tons of blood for thyroid, cbc, lipids, cholesterol, glucose. my arriving blood pressure was 147/99 - holy crap! my later on, more settled was 134/99, ok but kinda high on top, way to high on bottom. she didn't feel any fluid in my legs in fact pressed hard into bone and sometimes it's bc of water retention so a diuretic could help but she's gonna wait for the blood test. i have a follow up in 2 weeks for all this. and we're going to do a pap and breast exam then, we talked about it tonight. go health, here are my goals:
=) +) =) Physical Health Plan! =) +) =)
***I care about myself. I talk about my concerns. I go to the doctor to discuss my concerns. I need to do all that I can.***
*Carry healthy snacks / have healthy snacks at the house
*Eat 5 small meals a day that each have protein...
-eggs (cooked w.light olive oil or hard boiled)
-dairy: milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese
-soy stuff: milk, bars, meat substitutes, edamame
-nuts: peanuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts
-nut butters: peanut, almond, soy nut, cashew
-beans: black, red, pinto, kidney, lard-free refried
-whole grains: quinoa, brown rice, barley
-seeds: sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, hemp
-hummus / tofu / tvp / tempeh / seitan
(vegs and fruits not good source, list of highest proteins)
-vegetables: peas, broccoli, cauiliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, potatoes, yam, tomatoes
-fruits: banana, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, grapefruit, apricot, apple
*NOT EATING IS NOT HEALTHY, have a small snack
*BINGE EATING IS NOT HEALTHY, do not wait until over-hungry to eat, have control when eating
*Limit Junk Food / Drinking / Carbs / Sweets
*Take Thyroxine in morning, avoid soy for 3 hours after
*Exercise regularly
-clean house
-walk to bus, store, around
-ride exercise bike
-use arm weights
-use step for legs
*Lots of water
*No cigarettes
i got started on my new class. and some more cleaning done, including 2 more loads of laundry. things are coming together! i got some jobs off craigslist that i need to apply to, i should tonight. i have like no money left, it's disturbing actually, won't go there. i am going to psych tomorrow, yee-haw!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey Nikkol,
I am so proud of you. You seem so organized and so healthy. I love your plan.
But I can't believe that someone stole your soap and money? I can't imagine the nerve it would take to do such a thing...
Also, J48 and sky3 seem like great friends.
I'm glad that you're getting your thyroid under control. It can be devastating to so many parts of your life.... I know! Since dealing with mine, I am a whole new person. My Mother in law was telling me that being with me is like being with a completely different person because I'm so much happier. I used to be a slug... and now I'm a frog.
also, just from listening to you... I'd be shocked if there weren't something major happening with your thyroid.
thanks for the compliments! i am trying =) and things just seem more manageable.
yeah, damn laundry bandit, i can't believe it, there are only 9 apartments here, it's not a huge complex where we're faceless to each other. a mistake i won't make again.
yeah, i have some good friends =) i'd rather have a few good friends than tons of okay ones.
i pictured your transformation from slug to frog a la the metamorphosis, weird. but yeah, i remember your struggles and am so glad you got it figured out! i hope i do, too =/ the naturopath who is my primary care who i saw last night i can tell she think it's thyroid.
and either way, thank you for listening and for support. it's hard, especially if others think you are making stuff up. agh!!!
Post a Comment