Wednesday, November 19, 2008

264

as i was laying down in bed after taking 1/2 a sleeping pill, i still couldn't sleep. i drank some wine tonight so i didn't want to take a whole one. plus, i totally forgot to get a refill today and have about 10 left and should be fine for a month, but this might ruin my plans of regulating my sleep. i was going to just lay there and try to be calm and sleep but then i was thinking the most random shit.

what got me out of bed is that the diff'rent strokes theme song suddenly started playing in my head. why? don't know. where did it come from? don't know. then i started thinking about if they could get inside my brain and figure it out. i picture a bunch of different creatures running around with their own thing going on bumping into each other, some asleep, but all never sleep at the same time. then i decided to find out what the guiness record is for staying awake: 264 hours straight. i think 60hours is the longest i've gone without sleep, only 204 to go! and i think he challenged himself to that, what the hell? do you get paid to make it? or do people just do these weird, wacky things for the glory of it?

i am trying to be calm but this is truly maddening. i am going to lay on the couch with the tv on and see if that helps me slumber. but it's about to be 6am. i've turned on the tv at this time and almost had seizures. seriously, the early morning cartoons are whack, bright flashy colors and lights, no loving characters, seemingly no plot line but to battle and fight, what the hell are kids watching these days? and why do they all have better cell phones than me?

3 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Hahaha...

You're too funny. When I was young and I got sick with a prescription for antibiotics, I used to imagine the antibiotics as little warrier jelly beans with machine guns.

Sorry to hear that you're still not sleeping well.

My insomnia worked itself out. Phew. I couldn't go on like that.

As a matter of fact, I waited up to let Christian in the other night and he didn't get here until 2. I was a MESS. I didn't know if I'd make it.

christina said...

That is funny. I have totally had that happen... it IS maddening!

If I know I need to unwind, I make my bed before taking a looooong really hot shower and then have some decaffeinated tea with milk and read.

Getting into my made bed makes me feel more relaxed for some reason... and the warm milk in the tea helps me calm down also.

OR... I've probably mentioned this before, but Calms Forte is my favorite non-habit forming sleep aid.

nikkol said...

anna - i like your warrior jelly beans. i was thinking the other day about how germs really look under the microscope, it'd be funny if they were these cartoonish shapeless figures like they show in commercials and stuff.

i am glad your sleep worked out. i didn't sleep at all last night. i went back into bed from 6:30-1:30 and rested at least. i'll get there. when i am adjusted to my meds and have more stuff to do and i'm feeling good with my routine and take my natural sleep aid, which btw, STone just made a tincture that she is going to give me some, so that'll cut down on smoking.

xtina - thanks for your tips! i used the shower thing the other night, but it totally backfired bc i thought of morning and there i was puking. i usually do peppermint tea bc it's relaxing, i will try some warm milk with or without tea bc i've heard that can help. i like getting into bed and reading too and i feel myself drifting off and then i shut the lights and my mind keeps on going. like the freaking energizer bunny.

that sleep aid looks lovely. i am pretty sure i can take all the ingredients in it. and it has a sativa in there, cannabis is a sativa. i was going to try 5htp, but found out that i could go into serotonin overload bc of my meds.

now is the tricky part bc i have to stay awake bc if i sleep now that will ruin the rest of the week where i have to be up early. and STone is coming over. and ANTM finale tonight and bed. i am with the kids tomorrow, luckily the whole school is having dress rehearsal for their music program tomorrow so i get there at 9:45 and from 10-11:30 i get to watch them perform. and not fall asleep.