Monday, February 2, 2009

where do you read?

i have a habit of reading in bed. i usually fall asleep pretty quick. but that is for fun books, like "little altars everywhere", which i am reading now.

for school books, i don't know where to read. i know i would fall asleep in bed, in fact i have. i've tried in the lazy-chair but that leads to sleepiness, too. sitting on the floor even if leaning against something always leads to slouching. i've tried on the bus but that sucks and even at bus-stops sucks. besides my couches being uncomfortable, the large one is now a laundry stop for folding and such and the other has my trumpet on it and is hard to get to bc of the table of stuff in front of it. i sit at this desk for using the Internet, writing papers, watching netflix a lot now, I don't know if reading here would be a good idea.

so, that leads me to ask, do you have any ideas as to where i could read for optimal sitting with support and without slouching and that would allow me the ability to stay awake and alert for a lot of reading? yeah, that. thanks.

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I'm not going to be any help now.

The couch.


I read on the couch.

I'm not a person who can go somewhere and read in public either.

Even in school, I could not read in the library. I'd have to photocopy reference books like crazy.

nikkol said...

yeah, i thought about it more. i totally agree with you. i can't do any work in a coffee shop or anything like that. nor can i get anything done at the library, i get too easily distracted.

i am going to move my trumpet and set up my pillows correct and then i can have my music on on the computer near me. problem solved. next problem, breaking away from computer to do said reading...........