work is going really well =) it's organized and structured and almost everyone is nice. i love the kids. they are awesome and weird and unique. i love my classroom teachers, sh is a young and motivated. i actually want to do more as we're co-leads, but she's been there a long time and i can tell she wants to do a lot, in time. an is a really great person who is transitioning from female to male and started this while working there. he is also young and seems to not take work as seriously, but is super fun and loves the kids. i like most the other teachers, some seem -meh- but whatever, i'm just being myself and doing my thing. the parents are great. i need to bond with all of them, not just some, but am doing well on that front. the admins and directors are great, too. i had my one month review and it was great, just to remember to be firm and making a list of guidelines, sh and i have planning time tues 6-8pm, an is out of town. gee, this is really positive. i mean, there are some annoying things as with all jobs but nothing glaring. awesome.
i really like the kids. we have some unique family situations, two which i've never had before: one boy's mom died so a single father and another is two gay men, one who is the biological dad, they both donated and they don't know for sure. i have some faves. i kinda feel like telling stories, but am tired. i babysat this morning. here is a pic of me at work =D
...
2 comments:
That's great to hear! It sounds like you've found your place. Huurah!
I wonder why the dad's have chosen not to find out who is the bio dad? I feel like it's probably important to know for health reasons.
I'm going to jump here and make the assumption that they wanted to have equal opportunity to bond by omitting the possibility of one having a more special relationship with their child than the other.
I find this really interesting, mostly because I notice that it happens so much more in men. I've wondered about it for a long time. I think that it's probably because women are programmed from such a young age to know that they'll bond with their child. But we're coming from a generation where Dad's were still in the waiting room when their babies were being born and didn't typically change diapers or cook dinners. So, many of our models weren't involved in our lives. For men, they may fear this more than women. This is probably especially true for gay men who have to want children about 5 million times more than a typical straight man in order to get one.
I'm still on my first cup of coffee... so some of this/all of this may be entirely incoherent.
but I'm glad that you liek your job@!!
yeah, it's good stuff. nice mix of structure and openness.
that's a good point...about health like blood type and hereditary stuff. i am going to assume that maybe they and their doctors know (?) and i know they don't talk about it or make it public i agree for the bonding aspect. they both have a great relationship with her. she looks more like one than the other, but whateves ;)
thanks, mama!
Post a Comment