Sunday, February 27, 2011

my mom's visit



That's me and my mommy in Hood River, OR :) Her visit was absolutely fantastic! There were a few minor annoyances on both sides, but overall it was AWESOME! :)

She arrived on Tuesday night and she was surprisingly quick at the airport so I was a little late but it was fine, we got to the hotel and I stayed. We just had breakfast there Wednesday morning which was good except the coffee sucked which was surprising =/ Then we rented a car and drove past the falls along the river where you can see the Gorge to Hood River to visit my mom's old ballet teacher and husband who are Brit-ish and fantastic. We ate and drank tea and talked and had fun :) It began to snow so we left bc we didn't know how bad it would be. Portland got a dusting of snow. We went shopping and got me a new coat bc mine is super thin but now perfect for fall and I have a great winter one and some other little stuff and then stopped at my place. We had dinner that night at Macaroni Grill bc we were tired and really cold and didn't want to walk to one of the places I picked. I stayed at the hotel again, actually, the whole trip! :)

Thursday we went to a little cafe for breakfast which was nice and then went around the city via walking and streetcar and then we went on the aerial tram which wasn't scary except for when they went over a few spots that they warned you of ;) We played in the 'snow' which was like 1/2 inch and then went to the mall bc my mom has an iTouch now and wanted to go to the Apple store which I proceeded to have a panic attack outside of so I sat on the bench, a lot of people are into Macs now, it's pretty ridic, they used to be a smaller portion of the population. We had dinner at a brewery where I had a sample of a terribly bitter beer so stuck with a wheat.

Friday we went out to a wonderful place for breakfast, Bijou Cafe, OMG, so good and then were going to go on the Spirit of Portland sightseeing boat cruise but it was closed :( even though we read it was year round, another lady was there, too. We ended up cleaning my apartment, lol. Still more to do, but got some stuff out on curb or in garbage so less clutter. We tried to go to an Indian place that I had picked out but it was closed so we went to a place we had been before, but oh well, it is a great Indian restaurant. (It sounds like all we did is eat, but we walked and talked a lot and hung in the hotel and did other fun stuff, too...) Then we went and saw The Fighter which was phenomenal, we both loved it, I am glad it won for supporting actress and actor. Actually the Oscars went around to a lot of movies this year. ooops, tangent.

Saturday we went to the mall and I used my Origins card that I have had for 3 years, lol. I got samples of some fancy lotion and under eye cream which I can't afford and I bought a nude concealer for $15, it works really well, they showed me all the stuff, it does make a difference, I have been doing mascara and lip gloss, I will add concealer to the list. We then had lunch at a Persian restaurant with my friend from group and 4 of my friends, 3 of which went to school with Aus so know my mom, it was fun :) That night we saw the ballet and it was awesome. I am too tired to write all about it, but it was 3 different pieces and totally sweet.

Then I left the hotel and mommy left this morning by plane and made it home safe. It was a great time, I am very pleased :) YaY!

0 comments: