Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back from LA, Leaving for WA!!!

I had a great time in LA. Seeing AE was great. I met some of her friends and they were all awesome.

(oh, really shitty, my camera permanently broke. i got like 10 pictures from friday night which i will post on flickr. these are all from my camera-phone which turned out better than expected but still a major bummer)

I got in Friday about noon and we hung out at her place and over at her friends house and then to her work which was very classy and fun and amazing AND it was a Taurus Girls Bday party, so there was added fun! I got to try dancing, needless to say, I was not graceful and got bruised up.



We didn't get home til like 5am i think. and then slept til like 2 on Saturday. We chilled and at night went out on the town. We walked around and I met Rob Riggle - one of the correspondents (comedians) of the Daily Show and went to the Walk of Fame and Melrose Place and Sunset Blvd and other famous streets and stuff and Amoeba Records which was huge. AE and ffson bought me the best thing ever, it works!



We stayed up too late again. Sunday we went to Plaza Mexico for a swap meet. I got my wedding undergarments for 1/2 of what i would've spent. i looked for a camera, but nothing i loved. i wanted other stuff bc it was really good prices, but i resisted bc i shouldn't be spending money. We also went to Bird Club at a beautiful Park which was fun, we were drinking all bird themed liquor, Cold Duck champagne, Wild Turkey, Parrot Bay, Grey Goose - we learned about the kiwi. and i learned 4 bird calls. AE's gfriend came over that night and we watched hedwig. again, up late.



and then Monday, we went Television City on Beverly Boulevard in Hollywood to The Price is Right in Bob Barker's Studio!!! no cameras or phones allowed on set, so that's the outside from the parking garage below. we were there for 10 hours for 2 tapings but it was worth it! everything is the same. it is like a flashback to the 70's - same set, same music, same games - so cheesy, so awesome! everyone got a little interview - where are you from, what do you do for work, for fun? for the first time in my life i think i was too calm. they were looking for total spazzes that couldn't even handle being asked those questions from producers. and they liked groups bc then they freak out when called down, not necessarily having a shirt, but they like those too. i would've loved to get called down, but just being in the audience was awesome! the airdates for the shows are may 21st and 22nd if you wanna look for me and AE in the audience. i loved it, i like watching behind the scenes stuff, it's interesting to me. SO FUN! then we went to the grove to walk around and try to get our parking validated. it was pretty. we were tired, but troopers!



i was a great trip. i am so happy i went. AE and I have remained close since we met in 1990, i love her. and i know she loves me. we are really good for each other.

5 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Aw! That sounds like such a good time. I wish I could've been there too. I've never been to LA, but the Naked Brother's Band has a song called LA and the chorus is, "LA, LA, LA, LA it's a date. How could you live in the rain or snow, when you could live in...LLLLLAAAAAAAAAA..."

Maybe you have to hear it?

I love all these pics.

And I'm glad you were able to get all the wedding understuff. I know that you've been talking about it for awhile.

When is the wedding?

christina said...

That sounds so nice. Glad you had a good time! I'm super happy that you went to The Price is Right (and a little jealous).

I am going through my beads and putting together a package for you!

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

is your computer broken or something?

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Geesh, I'm getting WOR-RIED again.

nikkol said...

uh, hi. i did go into hiding for a while. sorry. i need to work hard on breaking that cycle.

i had a great time, but you're not missing anything except higher prices, lots of people, traffic and pollution by not going to LA. i actually don't like the city much at all, it grosses me out. but having a great friend there makes it way worth it. and i think i have heard that song. have you seen the nick show "Dance on Sunset"? you learn dance moves. it's for tweens and teens but i think it's hilarious.

i have more pix i should post on flickr. i am a bum.

the wedding is june 7th. i have to leave on the 3rd to take a train to my dad's and then leave from seattle with them. i really need to get my dress altered. i am so overwhelmed with the invitations in the mail every other day, the phone calls and the emails. i am really tempted to do it myself. i know i could do it. but if i mess up, i can't afford a new dress and it would be worse for someone to have to fix it. and i have accepted the fact that i might be the only bridesmaid there that has to wear the stupid fake straps it has. oh well, i have these 36DDDs that will be seen.

and TPIR was AWESOME! it seems so surreal. the 21st and 22nd me and AE will be loud and proud in the audience, set your vcr's or tivo's or dvr's. i wish i heard, "nikkol mcwoman, come on down!" but it was still awesome. and i plan on going every time i visit LA to visit AE.

can't wait for beady goodness. i still have your xmas present, send me your addy, x.

thanks. i love yous.