Wednesday, July 2, 2008

memoir

so as i read more and more of "running with scissors" (augesten burroughs) and thinking of all of sedaris's work, i really think i could write a good memoir. i think i would need some help bc i don't think my writing is that great. but i think i have lots of good stories and a good sense of humor a la these two great memoirists. and i think i could pull it together. i've been thinking a lot about my childhood and have good stories from then, too.

i got another letter about my fingerprints. i wish i just had the freaking money to send it in. i forgot about that. now that i found a place and will get an appt. emailed to me soon for the location closest to me. i can do the cheap card price, but sending it in is more money than i have. i HAVE to pay my electric bill. i should call them or get a letter from psych saying it would detrimentally hurt me, i think it would to anyone, but if you get a dr. to write you a letter you can get an extension. i'm so close to having money to pay stuff i can taste it. new paycheck tomorrow.

SYTYCD=now.

4 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

SYTYCD= huh?

I notice that when you talk about the things you're procrastinating, you use the phrase "I should..."

I think it would better suit you to think, "tomorrow I'm going to blah, blah blah." After I blah, blah, blah... I'll doing something relaxing or fun, but before I do anything... I'm going to blah, blah, blah..."

I apologize if I sound critical, I'm really not trying to be. I just noticed it and thought it might help you. I have the opposite issue. I never procrastinate anything. I get things done right away. It can be a problem because if I'm unable to do something I need to do at the exact moment I think about it, (like, if it's 3am and I remember to pick up a dress from the dry cleaner) I get really, really anxious about it.

Hooray for paychecks.


I'm glad to hear that you're back on your feet again.

I wish the plane fare would go down because I totally could use a visit to Portland.

christina said...

I used to do that too... "I should I should I should"

A therapist told me not to say that anymore... to say "I would like to..."

She called it "should"ing all over yourself. I always thought that was funny.

nikkol said...

i've been posting it every week SYTYCD="So You Think You Can Dance"

yeah, i didn't even realize that. it does work better when i say, 'i'll go home and take out the garbage and then watch tv' instead of i should take the garbage out.

i realized also that i have no consequences if i don't do a lot of things except for personal consequences and i guess those aren't enough to drive me. if i don't do the dishes. eh, nothing happens, i get more dishes. i have no one telling me to do it, no one telling me it's disgusting and no one to impress-so to speak.

karapist always tells me to pick one thing a day and do it. and also that calling out is not an option, but i did today. i am having some serious problems with fatigue, i think it's the sun. i am getting enough sleep, i am eating, i am amply caffeinated but i am tired as hell, like non-functioning tired. i am looking it up.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

The sun can seriously take it out of you if you're not used to it. I love the sun a little too much. I can't help myself. I love the sun/water combination... even it's just a baby pool and a sprinkler. I am going to pay for my sins someday.

Things like dishes don't matter that much. You only need to hold yourself to your own standards, which is the beauty of living alone. Enjoy it! You don't have to do laundry until you're desperate for new clothes and you don't have to tidy up your apartment if you don't mind the mess. Try not to pressure yourself into doing things without consequences if you don't have to.

But, things with consequences... like you can't be admitted to school if you don't have your finger prints done. That's a biggy. Or, if you don't get an extension on your electric it'll be turned off... that's no good. Maybe try to get the things you absolutely have to do out of the way and your time will be cleared up for the things you want to do? I'm no expert, so take all of this with a grain of salt.