Friday, August 22, 2008

funk

and not like, "I GOT SOUL!" i've been blah the past few days. i was speculating too much negativity and it was bringing me down. i also binged on crappy food (not really) thinking it would make feel better and slept a lot bc it's my favorite activity of late.

today i feel a bit better but still kind of blah. i feel better bc I GOT A JOB! it's not exactly what i wanted, but it's cool. I'll be Substitute for all 3 centers. all of the directors liked me and they need teacher qualified Subs. and it pays the same as the last job (without taking out benefits without telling me) with a lot less responsibility. it should be perfect when school starts. and i can either stay a sub and get raises or maybe move into a teacher position. i have to fill out paperwork which i really don't want to do bc the main office is a pain in the rear to get to, i have to go there Friday for training so i might just ask to do it then but i might need to go there before, oh well, not that big a deal. and i start the Tuesday after labor day. YaY.

ok, i am going over to hang with c-los. i want to catch the earlier bus so i have to bust a move. word.

UPDATE: it's 3ish. i'm back home. we sold more books. $23. woooooo! since we both did it again, we went out and got brunch. they didn't take some "mainly bc of condition" and since they were in my bag i took them and am going to iron them and bring them to the other location. word. selling stuff is fun. i need to get on it so i have some money for like bills and rent and stuff. my camera isn't selling on ebay :(

my new goal for getting stuff done is now a week from today when i start work. and also if i don't happen to work a day bc they don't need me, to put in at least 1/2 day (few hours) of work at home if need be. but hopefully by that time things'll be groooooovy. right now it looks like a crackhead had a frat party in here.

kung fu panda and sex and the city are at the $3 theatres now. i want to see both. c-los wants to see kfp and mel-g will prolly go to see satc with me. i want to watch an inconvenient truth. there is a party tonight, but i might stay in. i feel pretty tired right now, i think bc i was out in the sun for a few hours carrying a suitcase full of books. uh. yeah.

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Hi Friend,

I wish I hadn't missed your call tonight. We actually just got home a few minutes ago and are chilling out before bedtime. Tomorrow is Lila's big 3 year birthday. It's at our house... so my life has been turned upside down with stressful preparation. Even though I always say I will not stress... I just can't help myself.

I'll get back in touch and get on top of my blog when this is over.

I love you and congrats on your new job. I think subbing will be good for you.

nikkol said...

hey there. good, i am glad it wasn't bedtime :)

lila is gonna be 3??? ghesh, where does the time go?

yeah, parties at your own house can be stressful. and you throw a mean party so there's lots to do for it. at least you recognize that you get stressed. that's a good step.

thank you!!! i think subbing will be good too :)