Saturday, August 23, 2008

my saturday

my allergies have been bad so hence therefore my head, forehead, eyes, nose and throat all hurt, the aforementioned hurt really bad. i ran out of salt solution for nasal irrigation and actually need regular salt, too. i kind of want to walk to the store but it's over 80 and too high humidity. i know i've been complaining a lot about it, but seriously, a/c on, fan on, nude and still sweating. and i outside is even worse. ugh.

here is a breakdown of what i did today:
6am - woke up, tried to go back to sleep
7ish - got out of bed
7-8 - Internetted
8-10 - back to sleep
10 - up and coffee, Internet
2 - go to read
2-6 - sleep
7 - jeopardy
7:30 - read
8 - back on computer, sweat and facial pain persistent.

boooooooooooooooring. some friends are going out to the farm, not interested. c-los didn't answer my txts which means we're fighting. and maybe breaking up. j/k. btw, today was not the day of getting stuff done. since i wake up early and it's the most pleasant in terms of temperature i hope to do some stuff tomorrow a.m. please cool down. please cool down. please. cool. down.

UPDATE:10 - just talked to c-los. don't think i'm gonna hang out. lame. but i don't want to spend 2 bus tickets or have limited time there (bus transfers are 2 hours, sometimes they give you more, i got like 5-6 hours once, it was sweet.) i should get some food. i feel a bit better bc i took sudafed and advil but not great. it's cooled down some so maybe a quick walk to the store would do me some good. actually i know it will. we'll see if it happens. time will tell. tick tock tick tock tick tock

5 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Your day sounds so relaxing! Enjoy it while you can!!!!!

nikkol said...

heh, i guess that's one way to look at it :) it was relaxing. boring at times, but i could've fixed that. i never went to the store. i want coffee so i will be going soon bc all i had was ttttteeeeeaaaaaaa. and no sugar or milk. meh.

christina said...

Dude. My allergies are kicking my ass too. I've been irrigating as well (how gross are we?)
If you run out, you can make it with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking soda per pint of warm water. I know you don't have any salt but that may be a cheaper alternative to those packets. lthough I got a box of 100 for about $10 at Target.

Do you ever put a warm or cool cloth over your eyes/ nose when you lay down? I find that to be really helpful for sinus pain. I think it also relaxes me.

Finally, I don't know if you are able to get prescriptions but I have been using Xyzal. I have to say it's the most effective allergy pill I have ever taken. I take it before bed and it helps me fall asleep. I can really tell the difference when I forget to take it.

PS - Sunday is never the day for getting stuff done. No worries!

nikkol said...

oh, word? i'm into making my own. i went to the store and forgot to get damn salt. i have to go again sometime though.

i've been told a warm and cold washcloth can help but i haven't. i have an aromotherapy mask that you can heat up but i never have and a cooling water-like-substance filled mask. i don't feel like either do much but relax so i guess that's something. i'll try the washcloths. thanks.

i've been using flonase 1/2 dose bc karapist gets it for me, shhhhh. and zyrtec everyday bc it's otc and cheaper. and i got 30 free singulair and am using that every 3days or so. but doesn't really work. allegra is too expensive. shots, baby, shots. i am looking at the xyzal page now. ok, that didn't give me any information but the people seem happy and there's a balloon floating by. that's enough for me! thanks for the tip.

love! *n

nikkol said...

OH NO! i just realized i signed my own comment. NO! what's happening to me? as long as i never accidentally sign a post, we're okay.